Rabu, 15 Februari 2012

Direct speech and Indirect speech


Duh enak bgt ni Chitato.a #curcol ,, hahahaa sorry sambil ngemil gtu deh biar gk bosan,,
Ok, sekarang qta akan ngebahas topic ttg pidato scra lgsg dan tdk lgsg … Kalo mau tau liat aja ni yg d bwah …


 Direct speech and Indirect speech
 
  • Direct speech : refers to reproducing another persons excact word. We use quotation marks (" ")
  • Example of Direct Speech :
1.               Jani said, “I’m very busy .”
2.               They said, “We have bought a picture.”
3.               He said, “I am learning my lesson.”
4.               Lisa says, “I got the first prize.”
5.               You said, “I will come to help him.”
6.               Oskar will say, “I will do my best.” 

  • Indirect speech : refers to reproducing the idea of another persons word.
  • There are 3 kinds of indirect speech :
  1. Imperrative (command/request)
  2. interrogative (question)
  3. Declarative (statement)

  • Example :
1. Imperrative (command / request)
Direct : Mrs. Rika said to Dina, "Don't wory about it."
Indirect : Mrs. Rika told Dina not to wory about it.

2. Interrogative (question)
Direct : Risa asked to Nico, "Are you a journalist?"
Indirect : Risa asked if / whether He was journalist.

3. Declarative (statement)
Direct : Mr. Dion said, "I worked hard yesterday."
Indirect : Mr. Dion said that he worked hard the day before.
  • In comand sentences, direct speech can changed to indirect speech with change "Said" to be "Ordered", "Told", and "Forbade".
  • Example :
1. Direct : Hamid said, "Open the door!"
Indirect : Hamid ordered to open the door.

2. Direct : Hamid said, "Dul, come here!"
Indirect : Hamid told Dul to come there.

3. Direct : Hamid said to Andi, "Do not disturb me!"
Indirect : Hamid forbade Andi to disturb him.
  • Time change

Expressions of time if reported on a different day
This (evening)
›
That (evening)
Today
›
Yesterday
These (days)
›
Those (days)
Now
›
Then
(a week) ago
›
(a week) before
Last weekend
›
The weekend before last / the previous weekend
Here
›
There
Next (week)
›
The following (week)
Tomorrow
›
The next/following day
  • Tense change

Direct speech

Indirect speech
Present simple
She said, "It's cold."
›
Past simple
She said it was cold.
Present continuous
She said, "I'm teaching English online."
›
Past continuous
She said she was teaching English online.
Present perfect simple
She said, "I've been on the web since 1999."
›
Past perfect simple
She said she had been on the web since 1999.
Present perfect continuous
She said, "I've been teaching English for seven years."
›
Past perfect continuous
She said she had been teaching English for seven years.
Past simple
She said, "I taught online yesterday."
›
Past perfect
She said she had taught online yesterday.
Past continuous
She said, "I was teaching earlier."
›
Past perfect continuous
She said she had been teaching earlier.
Past perfect
She said, "The lesson had already started when he arrived."
›
Past perfect
She said the lesson had already started when he arrived.
Past perfect continuous
She said, "I'd already been teaching for five minutes."
›
Past perfect continuous
She said she'd already been teaching for five minutes.

0 komentar:

Posting Komentar

By :
Free Blog Templates